TALENT IN ORGANIZATIONSTalent is as important to organizational success as brand loyal customer base. It won’t be wrong to say that talent is world’s most valuable resource. By using effective talent management strategies, it is not difficult to achieve sustainable competitive advantage in the companies. The right people filling the right positions speeds up the success rate crazily. For example, research states that highly talented people are 400% more productive than average talented people. Amusingly, the higher the complexity of the job, the higher the productivity level is. For example, for a complex job, highly talented people are 800% more productive than average workers. It means that if you want to finish a project in one year, bringing in the high talent can dramatically help you finish the job in less than a half year. However, the pursuit of talent today is highly competitive. Growing skills shortage, generational shifts, advancing technologies and evolving dynamics around the nature of the work has complicated the process. Now, more company owners have money to invest in new ventures but they don’t have people to lead them.
HOW TO FIND BEST TALENT IN PANDEMICDespite the active practices of social distancing in the wake of pandemic and economic recession, many industries are actively seeking out and hiring new talent. Pandemic has also offered organizations a rare opportunity to find new talent who are actively looking for jobs. Here are a few tips that might help you streamline your hiring process and unclog your talent pipeline.
- As the whole hiring and onboarding procedure is remote now, it is important to adapt to it as soon as possible. Get a short-term remote recruiting strategy in place that can also help you expand and supplement your long term strategy in the future.
- Have an active recruiter on board which can help you detect and connect with the right people who are looking for jobs right now.
- Have your tech team work on the security of your remote hiring procedures.
- Communicate effectively not only with the candidates about their remote onboarding experience but also your internal partners such as managers, interview coordinators, IT experts and finance department so you all are on the same page.
- Assure your candidates that you have your workforce plan in order so they don’t feel apprehensive in these uncertain times.
HOW AI IS HELPING WITH SOURCING TALENTAs we are living in a remote world and practicing social distancing, AI has been everyone’s best friend. 84% of companies are trying to adapt to remote exchange with the candidates and 58% are now even using the social media platform to connect with the potential employees. All interviews and screening process are being conductied through video conferences. Some companies are even looking to build software that can scan information to help in the recruiting such as resumes and other candidate documents. Not only this, but the number of companies who invest in chatbot solutions has also already increased by 500% than the last year.
CONCLUSIONPeople are the most important asset of a company. However, due to the pandemic, it is difficult to hire new talent and develop a relationship with them. But using Artificial Intelligence and technology has significantly reduced the resistance and companies are slowly adapting to the remote working strategies without wasting more time. Though, the question of AI having too much control over the process and eliminating the human factor still remains and we will see how it turns out in the coming months.